News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looking for clutch info

Started by Kevingt500, June 11, 2020, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevingt500

My clutch went out this past week..it has been so long since I last replaced it I am not sure what the specs are...I am pretty sure it is a 10 spline input shaft, I thought the od was 1 3/8...but I found what I think was the old clutch that I had kept in a box, but that one is 1 1/16 .  The car is a 68 gt500 but has a 69 sch engine in it but the orig transmission.  Does a 1 1/16 spline sound correct? Thanks Kevin

shelbydoug

Quote from: Kevingt500 on June 11, 2020, 03:47:15 PM
My clutch went out this past week..it has been so long since I last replaced it I am not sure what the specs are...I am pretty sure it is a 10 spline input shaft, I thought the od was 1 3/8...but I found what I think was the old clutch that I had kept in a box, but that one is 1 1/16 .  The car is a 68 gt500 but has a 69 sch engine in it but the orig transmission.  Does a 1 1/16 spline sound correct? Thanks Kevin

No. A GT500 uses a 1-3/8" input shaft and the clutch disc should be 11-1/2" diameter.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Kevingt500

Thanks..that is what I thought

The Going Thing

You can get the tag number off the transmission to confirm you have the large input and if it's correct for your shelby. Mine has the Ford vin on the case. It was the easy route.

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on June 28, 2020, 05:35:45 AM
You can get the tag number off the transmission to confirm you have the large input and if it's correct for your shelby. Mine has the Ford vin on the case. It was the easy route.

My serial number is stamped on top of the transmission. In the car I really can't see it.

Seems like everyone these days has a stamping machine. Those tags can be made now from scratch.

Don't bet the family cow on it being real. The only way to tell for sure is to see the input itself.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

I don't know if Marti is doing the T&C tags. I never thought to ask nor did I see them on the website.

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

Black Market.. You mean Bob Market?  ???

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

We said there was a guy didn't we?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines