News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 Boss 429 on BaT

Started by Bobby Crumpley, May 29, 2020, 08:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Crumpley

Great, unrestored car in as-used condition.  Love seeing them like this.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-ford-mustang-boss-429-2/
Bobby Crumpley
MCA#20316
www.houstonvaporblasting.com

Full of cancer.

Some cars need to be restored. Even if it is the in thing to drive a sought after car that is a beat up roach.

platnumheart666

What would a proper restoration on something like this run?

J_Speegle

Quote from: platnumheart666 on May 29, 2020, 03:46:46 PM
What would a proper restoration on something like this run?

Depends - as usual - on what "restoration means to the guy doing the work and or the owner. "Catalog car" or "just like it came from the factory" can mean doubling, tripling or more the cost. Also in combination with a full evaluation of the current condition and what pieces can or will be reused.  Sure others will put a number on it for you :)

Hope this one finds a good home as always
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

DC-DD

Quote from: 2112 on May 29, 2020, 10:43:36 AM
Full of cancer.

Some cars need to be restored. Even if it is the in thing to drive a sought after car that is a beat up roach.

yes it looks like a rust bucket that has had a lot of bad bodywork and a cheap paint job. 

Greg

You CA boys are spoiled, LOL... That is definitely not a rust bucket, but it does have a bad paint job.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

maxjets

Current seller says he bought it in 1988 and never tried to get the engine running. Didn't even see if it would spin. I find that odd.
SFM6S135

Well,it DOES come with some gaskets...so there's that....

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

69mach351w

69mach351w

Quote from: Bigfoot on June 02, 2020, 09:35:48 AM
Has it been repainted?
I copied and pasted this:

The car retains its original 429ci V8 as well as its original color combination of Candyapple Red over a Deluxe black vinyl interior.

He used the words "original color combination", so leaves one to his own imagination.

I didn't read where it stated a repaint.

Greg

Quote from: maxjets on June 02, 2020, 12:42:27 AM
Current seller says he bought it in 1988 and never tried to get the engine running. Didn't even see if it would spin. I find that odd.

Not to at least turn it over, I bet the motor is hurt.  My guess is there is something bad and expensive waiting on the new owner and it also explains the gaskets. 

KR Convertible

It has the original dealer sticker on the trunk lid.  Not absolute proof of original paint, but...

pbf777

"Various dings and other imperfections"......... "door is said have been damaged" & replaced (I'd like to see how hard it was hit);............ and what about that rear quarter, front fender, hood & perhaps head-lite buckets, etc.  Let's see, that seems like.......... hit on the left, hit on the right, plowed into something, I think they meant to have said "wreaked" at some time in the past.  Oh, and rusty in the back and bottom!  Well hopefully nobody dented the roof in.            :o

Along the same train of thought, it seems the fuel tank filler spouts' position of the tank to rear panel is out of alignment, is this typical, or of question considering the bumps?

Fender bolts missing, an attempt to verify V.I.N., or?  Along with other left-over fasteners, some exhaust system, others?

"it remained with them (original owner) in storage"  Sure looks like it was parked out on the back 40 for a while with dampness from the earth rising up under the car causing a lot of surface corrosion.  Perhaps they should have just declared it a "BARN-FIND" to cash-in the really big bucks; but then perhaps that line will be used when it appears at MECUM!           ::)

Still.......... if it only wouldn't bid to something stupid, perhaps it ain't all that bad.             :)

Scott.

Greg

Car bid to $150K but didn't meet the reserve.  I personally think that was all the money but obviously the seller didn't.