News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Traction bar brackets

Started by jerry merrill, May 18, 2020, 04:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry merrill

These are some traction bar brackets removed from a 66 GT350 that was headed to the junk yard after being flipped end over end back in 1977. Most of the brackets I have seen only have 3 bolt holes. I removed these myself from what I was sure was a GT350.

shelbydoug

67 and up use 4 bolt brackets. Are you sure it was a 66?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

acman63

they are service when they are 4 hole
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

jerry merrill

It was definitly a white with black Le mans stripes 1966 Shelby that I have forgotten the serial# as its been 43 years. I was driving and saw a stripped out GT 350 on a flatbed and I stopped them to find out what happened to the car. They told me about how the drive shaft catapulted the cat end over end and every piece of sheetmetal was bent. They had removed any usable pieces and they let me remove the traction bar mounts, the bars were bent. Also what does service parts mean, are they replacement or over the counter?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: jerry merrill on May 18, 2020, 04:29:26 PM
It was definitly a white with black Le mans stripes 1966 Shelby that I have forgotten the serial# as its been 43 years. I was driving and saw a stripped out GT 350 on a flatbed and I stopped them to find out what happened to the car. They told me about how the drive shaft catapulted the cat end over end and every piece of sheetmetal was bent. They had removed any usable pieces and they let me remove the traction bar mounts, the bars were bent. Also what does service parts mean, are they replacement or over the counter?
To clarify they are not the ones that were installed on the assemblyline. I am not disputing that they were on the 66 GT350 you took them from just that they were not on a GT350 when it was new. They are a later versions sold through speed shops or Traction Master direct. The originals were a cast iron and 3 legs. Starting in later 67 early 68 Traction Master started making them out of welded steel.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

jerry merrill

Thanks for the info. I can't say for sure it was genuine, but it did have a vin fender tag, which for 1977 was not common on a clone.