News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Fuel Pump

Started by B Devlin, April 18, 2020, 10:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Devlin

Folks,

Doing a search through past forum discussions it looks like the correct fuel pump for all '67 GT-500s is one with a screw on fuel filter canister. Is that correct?

A follow on question, what's a good source for one? Looking at several classic Ford and Mustang parts vendors has only confused me.

The car's scheduled build date was 05/26/67. Actual build date is 07/10/67. The S/N last four is 3179.

Thanks,
Bill

Bob Gaines

Quote from: B Devlin on April 18, 2020, 10:01:02 AM
Folks,

Doing a search through past forum discussions it looks like the correct fuel pump for all '67 GT-500s is one with a screw on fuel filter canister. Is that correct?

A follow on question, what's a good source for one? Looking at several classic Ford and Mustang parts vendors has only confused me.

The car's scheduled build date was 05/26/67. Actual build date is 07/10/67. The S/N last four is 3179.

Thanks,
Bill
The entire 67 GT500 production used the fuelpump with the integral filter . Rebuilding a original button top pump that had the correct FE pump arm is the best way. A alternate but visually less correct is using a aftermarket fuel pump with filter . The same style were used extensively on bb trucks from the 60's to the 70's and consequently a similar looking version is available aftermarket from auto parts store with a little research.Here a link to one such alternative.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Master-6523-Fuel-Pump-1958-67-Ford-60-66-Mercury-V8-352-390-410/264701264309  .You can get the basic search idea from there.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

B Devlin

Thank you, Bob.

As I've seen you help so many others, your knowledge and guidance is very much appreciated.

Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Regards,
Bill

shelbydoug

Yea, they should be white with the red label printed on them.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

B Devlin

I was wondering about. Thanks, guys.