News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Status of theCoralsnake website

Started by Coralsnake, January 23, 2023, 10:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Recently the web hosting service has made some changes rendering many of the hyper links inactive

I am working to address these issues.

Stay tuned for an update

I built the website myself and taught myself the machine language, so I will need to re-evaluate the options!

jguyer

Thanks, I thought my internet was acting up, again.
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

FL SAAC

get that site up,  it's the best independent source of info out there

good luck
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

After extensive meetings with the Coralsnake IT teams and at least one bottle of Crown Royal, it appears we should resume operations no later than Monday, January 30th

I expect those responsible will be able to find new jobs after they heal from their injuries.

:o

JDAVOLI

thx for all you do - hopefully backed up in safe place -jd

Coralsnake

First THANK YOU to everyone that sent messages and even financial support for the website, during this difficult week.

I am not a website developer, but after about 12 hours, things are running at about 95%. I will continue to work on this in the coming days.

The issues seem to have stemmed from a new webhosting company. I had to relearn the control panel functions. I sorted all the files.  I standardized file names and sorted 226 individual webpages! I found 60 dead pages. I repaired all "404 error" hyperlinks and reloaded the webpages.

I also learned there are over 3,000 pictures on the website. The unused pictures were also cleaned up and complete website backup was created.

www.thecoralsnake.com

You should see a "February 1, 2023" date. If you don't please refresh your screen.

68blk500c

S7MS427

Way to go Pete.  Being a webmaster ain't always easy, especially at the level you're at.  So it tuns out that we share a common passion, we both code up our own websites.  That can be both a rewarding and a humbling experience.  Keep up the good work, you have a very good website you can be proud of.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

shelbymann1970

As of about 7 this morning from the main page and all the info links(A LOT-Thanks Pete) the only link from the index page that didn't work was the "Restoration" link and got a "404" code. I checked a few sub links and they worked but not all  that may be in the main category links. http://www.thecoralsnake.com/bigindex.html
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

Still tinkering away!

I added some original pictures and a note about the passing of Bill Kolb.  Its been a year since his death. He was definitely the greatest salesman of all time!

Check out the updated Gotham Ford page.

www.thecoralsnake.com/Gotham.html

I will keep tinkering with those broken links, I have a punch list for today!

Shawn

Great work on the site.  The Conelec EFI is super cool can't wait to see the completed engineering package.

Coralsnake

Shawn, search for the Green Hornet or the Gold 1968 fastback engineering car on youtube

I installed the EFI on both (with some help) 😉

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

SCJSTU

Thanks for all the blood sweat and tears!

Do we need to help out by donating?

How?

You Da Man.......... For today
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

Coralsnake

I appreciate the thought.  The sheer number of calls and emails was very gratifying.

I did receive a couple donations, but I have never solicited them.

I must say I was a little overwhelmed by the volume of material that has been posted.

Thank you all again. If you feel like support is needed, my email and paypal
are connected

Coralsnake68@hotmail.com